An accident Wednesday injured five workers at a General Motors Technical Center battery research lab in Warren, Michigan when a battery exploded.
According to reports, four people were treated on the scene and one was taken to a hospital.
Officials blamed the explosion on fumes from hydrogen sulfide. The battery was reportedly under “extreme testing,” which is believed to have triggered the explosion. The explosion blew out windows and started a fire in one of the laboratory buildings, filling if with smoke and forcing a mandatory evacuation.
It was unclear what specific type of battery was being tested.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious workplace injuries, you may want to discuss your case with an aggressive Detroit worker’s compensation attorney today. Call for a free, immediate consultation.