An car crash can be a life changing event. An otherwise healthy person can suddenly find they are unable to take care of themselves or take care of their family, all because of the negligence of others. The long road to recovery is only made more difficult by an insurance company that seeks to frustrate you at every turn. They know that you are hurt and know that you need money, so they delay hoping you will get desperate enough to accept a low settlement. A Detroit Michigan auto accident attorney can give you an ally in your corner, fighting for rights with the insurance company while you focus on the important job of getting healthy.
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in an automobile accident, it is in your best interests to contact a Detroit Michigan auto accident attorney right away. Our firm has successfully represented many clients who suffered injuries in vehicle-related accidents and we are all too familiar with the pain and financial impact of this type of event. We are also aware of the complexities that tend to develop in the course of a motor vehicle accident case. What may at first appear to be a relatively minor injury may become a life-long affliction. Even car crash cases devoid of serious injuries can raise complex legal issues. At the Davis Law Center, we have the experience and credentials to effectively represent you during every stage of your case including trial, if necessary. We will make sure than any settlement or verdict compensates not just for your current treatment but any medical procedures you may need in the future.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, someone in the United States is involved in a car accident every ten seconds. Automobile accident cases are the most common personal injury claims in our courts today. Michigan is considered a “no-fault” jurisdiction, meaning that you will be covered by your insurance company (subject to limitations) regardless of who caused the accident. Under law, you may be entitled to economic benefits known as First-Party Benefits or non-economic Third-Party benefits which include damages for pain and suffering.
People may worry than an attorney will cost too much money. However, a recent study has shown that injured parties who are represented by professional counsel receive substantially more monetary recoveries than those who attempt to represent themselves. Also, we never charge our personal injury clients a fee up front and in fact will receive nothing unless we collect. Therefore you have nothing to lose by contacting us in our suburban Detroit offices to discuss your case. If you cannot make it to our offices, we will come to you.
We can help you in your automobile accident case in several different ways:
- If your insurance company unjustifiably refuses to pay the damages you have claimed, we can help you sue for breach of contract.
- We can pursue uninsured and/or under-insured claims if you were hit by an uninsured vehicle or a vehicle that had insufficient coverage to compensate you for your injuries.
- If an accident causes death, serious impairment of a body function, or permanent serious disfigurement, we can assist you or your family in recovering compensation from the driver who caused the accident.
- If you have been injured or have lost a family member in an automobile accident, it is important for you to seek legal counsel immediately. We can help you through the claims process, and act as your representative to insurance companies to ensure that you receive what you are entitled to under the law. Our firm will investigate all avenues to make a determination of who was at fault in the accident and why you should receive compensation. We will gather all relevant documentation, interview witnesses and build the most effective case possible.
- If you have been injured in an accident, our office is here to help. We understand how frustrating dealing with the insurance company can be, we understand that you just want what’s fair, and we understand how serious injuries can turn a life upside down. Our firm works to get to know our clients and get a full understanding of how these injuries have changed your life. This allows us to tell your story to an adjuster or to a jury, helping us aggressively fight for what you deserve.
- Finally, we never charge a fee if there is no recovery.